View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 03:22 PM   #46
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datenshi View Post
Amen Cody. :P

As to the OP, there aren't really '15-20' ways to get to what your asking lol. Everyone has pretty much given the best option for what your looking for. There are slight differences you could do, but its all preference when it comes down to cams and tuning and shit. It'd personally go with a GT2871, low boost you'd be right where you want to be with the option of having more flexibility if you want it. I wouldn't suggest a S15 turbo because.. well.. maxing out the turbo for the increased response isn't worth it to me.

Good luck with whatever you choose.
Totally the truth...the 2871 .64 really spools almost on par with the 28RS .86...I mean it's negliable really to me...and with that said, you now have a compressor wheel capable of a broader and larger powerband.

Honestly the more I think about the SR20 ant the turbo 'guide' I really think that it should honestly go (in relation to Garrett based turbos, once you get into the JDM ones and the BW stuff, it's really hard to be 'exact' as they have way to many 'options'

225ish whp - Stock turbos of either type. Sure that t28 may make close to 300, but it's really pumping hot air at that point

300 whp - S15 (if you want to keep small, and affordable)

300-400 - 2871r (gets you great response, and power that is close enough to the 30r's that I'd gladly take the faster response than the lag and slightly more peak up...this step really is much more involved as it takes a bit of 'extra' stuff to make this power reliable

400-500 - 35r (honestly it doesn't spool that much later than most of the larger 30r varients)...may as well deal with a smidge slower turbo for a much bigger top end here. Obviously if you're putting a big charger on it, you know the other stuff it needs too.

Sure that may seem like a simple list, but it's probably an easy way to look at the HP goal, the turbo to go with, and then know what associated mods to add.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote