View Single Post
Old 02-07-2023, 05:03 PM   #6
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
just giving this a fat bump. rest in peace hid planet. Thanks for posting this tutorial here, I'm currently giving it a college try on my headlights, will eventually post all the work and videos on my blog.

I got these super clear lenses on the right to replace the oem lenses for the hid's.

use your imagination, I did some cutting at this point, realized I had the projectors on the wrong sides, moved them around.

totally biffed making these holes, typical me. I let that step drill bit go two notches too far, not once but twice.

painted the outer shielding (separated the projector shield, and then placed it back on after they dried)

just a quick mock up with the oem glass, I have aftermarket headlights I need to take apart to get the plastic covers off of them.

All in all I don't think this was too expensive of a project. Minus the tools I ended up buying (needed)

HID Bulb D2H 4300K Pair Diode Dynamics was $65.65 on ebay
35W / 55W DC Digital Slim HID Replacement Ballast Conversion Kit Universal $15.76
2x OEM 04-09 Lexus RX 330 / 350 Xenon Headlight HID D2S Lightbulb Projector Set 87.59
S14 Jdm Black Crystal Headlights 97-98 214.61
9005 9006 H1/H7/H11 Relay Wiring Harness HID Headlight DRL Conversion Adapter 13.13
LS20 Lense : Black Series from the retrofit source 65.93 shipped

grand total of 462 dollars and 2 cents... honestly the clear headlight lenses are what cost the most out of all the things I bought and I am not 100 percent sure the lenses I bought were necessary, just recommended.