View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 08:43 AM   #20
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
My Wilwood setup came in at a little under $400 as I shopped around

Wilwood 1.62" piston/1.25" disk - $120 shipped (got them barely used. However, one of the brake inlet ports thread was somewhat fubared. I ended up drilling out to 1/4" NPT and running an Earl's adapter (total spent about $10 in parts and supplied)

350Z Brembo rotors - $90 shipped off here brand new

Caliper brackets - $130 shipped off a custom group buy

Pads - Hawk HPS (free from one of my old Wilwood kits); About $75 shipped of Ebay/Amazon

Lines - Wilwood SS lines (free from my old kit again). About $60 shipped from Wilwood

In total, the weight is about 2.5 lbs total greater than the 300ZX All Aluminum setup and a good several lbs ligher than the 350Z Brembo setup above. So give or take depending on what you need (pads are cheaper, calipers are cheaper and easily accessible, but more weight). For the Track I run 2 piece rotors (several lbs lighter than the Brembo rotors. Not Def light, but close).

So IMHO, a much better Wilwood setup CAN be done for cheaper than a used set of 300ZXs with much more braking torque, cheaper pads, and the all important fade resistance

The price people are asking for these Evo/STi/350Z/R34 Brembos is REDICULOUS (one guy has STI brembos on here for almost $1000! I can get a 2 piece Wilwood setup for that price BRAND SPANKING NEW)! They are heavier and the pads and parts for them are MUCH more expensive. Yes, they have several good things about them like dust boots which aid in everyday driving and longetivity, but for alot of people, they are just a weekend vehicle, and such a headache is null and void.
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote