Thread: Sr20det FAQ
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 03:06 PM   #146
trsebert

Trader Rating: (0)
trsebert is an unknown quantity at this point
OMFG the next person that asks a question I vote gets banned. I just started reading this thread because I figured it would be full of great information to frequently asked questions, but what did I find? A bunch of noobs asking questions about their own personal problems and questions. STOP FUCKING ASKING QUESTIONS IN HERE AND POST UP ONLY IF YOU HAVE GOOD RELIABLE INFOR-FUCKING-MATION!!!!!!
/rant

Most simple boost leak test (for more minor leaks) spray bottle full of soapy water, spray on IC piping couplers, look for bubbles.

When replacing thermostat, one of the first things that you should change before installing motor, make sure to take the rubber ring off the edge of the t-stat. It won't seat right otherwise, at least in redtop.

AC = easy on the SR. I took KA suction, and high pressure lines, and used the SR compressor fittings that came on the SR compressor (assuming it came with your motor) and took to custom hose maker/fabricator, they welded aluminum SR fittings onto KA lines. Hint: there is a discharge/fill nipple on one of the lines right near the intake inlet on the turbo. when you have the hoses mated, you will want the section with the nipple on it rotated to parallel with the ground, so it doesnt get in the way of the intake tubing(stock). And make sure to replace all o-rings and the accumulator/collection tank.

I've got some more stuff, just got to dig it out of the back of my head.
trsebert is offline   Reply With Quote