View Single Post
Old 12-13-2020, 10:01 AM   #2958
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanSayWhat View Post
Completely understandable in that scenario. lol

I have nightmares over the thought of paint matching. I've been thinking of picking up some new rear valances, but apparently the PO of my car went with a custom black, so I'm not even sure how that would go.

I've done paint matching for years, you develop and eye for it over time, but some of it depends on how well your eyes are with color. Even subtle color blindness with certain hues can really make things difficult.

Most paint jobbers (paint suppliers) will have a spectrophotometer, so you can take it to them and see what it comes up with. If the body shop is large enough they will have on already there. Unless the color had some crazy flake or pearl thrown into it, odds are that "custom black" is just something the painter knew off the top of his head. 8555 GM black, or 202 Toyota (which coincidently is almost exactly like M. Benz black) are two that are used so often when guys want black that I wouldn't be surprised if that what it would up being.

Another color that just left our shop, Still Night Blue Pearl. Almost like the blue the latest gen civics come in, but with more purple in it. Paint code B575P.