View Single Post
Old 09-06-2020, 05:56 AM   #5
Jyttah
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Jyttah is an unknown quantity at this point
Well... After ive been listening to the Need for speed 2 Underground soundtrack for a month straight, i figured out it was time to go crazy on this.

Ive been working evenings and weekends to get as far as i am now. As mentioned multiple times, its a budget build, and thats why ill be doing as much as possible myself. Including painting it!

So in the last month ive been prepping the enginebay. So everything had to go.
As ive had problems with a locknut on the wheels, i desided to take the whole front subframe off in one go. It went great and a lot easier as we could just roll it out under the car.

Then it was time for some Wash primer / Epoxy primer. This protects the bare metal from rust.

The wheelwells were in really good conditiion, so i just scraped all the loose debris of and gave it a few layers of anti-gravel to protect it a bit better.
Before:

After:

And the enginebay got somehigh build primer. My "paintbooth" is only 3x3 meters (around 9x9 feet) so i cant paint all parts at once which sucks!

After hours of sanding to get it down to an acceptable surface, it was time for the color.
I used a "Super-black" from Autolakhandel.dk. It was really easy to use and gave a really nice finish. Only problem is me and my primitive paintbooth

And its back to fill out the enginebay again...

All the suspension are getting cleaned up and painted.

Jyttah is offline   Reply With Quote