View Single Post
Old 06-14-2023, 06:33 AM   #80
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Quote:
Originally Posted by StorminMatt View Post
And for $10000, you can get an E-Rod, which is that same LS3 long block with a complete intake manifold and coils, along with a wiring harness, ECU, CATS, charcoal canister, etc. It also comes with CARB number and is California smog legal in any pre-1996 car (sorry, S14 guys). Brand new engine with all the electronics and no smog hassles? Can?t beat that!

Of course, if you want CHEAP, you could also look at Pick-and-Pull for an LH6. This is an aluminum 5.3, somewhat like the L33. But unlike that motor, it came in some obscure stuff such as the Isuzu Ascender and a Saab SUV of some sort. The people who sell these things to Pick-and-Pull don?t know or care that the engine may be somewhat desirable. And nobody thinks to look for an aluminum LS engine in these things. So you can get these motors REALLY cheap.
This is exactly my point - things can be found for cheaper that are much more modern, reliable, and powerful. The prices that people are asking for some of this shit on FBM and groups, it's crazy. I love the little side comments other people say like 'oh, if I had money, I'd be all over this!' It's a subtle way of saying this shit is expensive and instead of roasting you like Supa would on Zilvia, I'll just spread kindness in the form of passive aggressiveness.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote