View Single Post
Old 06-20-2023, 10:46 AM   #17
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
I think your experience at the track is not the typical experience. If I - or anyone here - had eight years of basic shit going wrong, we probably aren't driving hard enough or even driving enough period. I don't break my car every event, but I also do 10-15 events a year most of which are multiple days. Shit is going to break, I promise.
I drove the car hard but kept it on track except occasional (mostly accidental) dirt drops and, most importantly, kept it to bolt-ons on a KA. Did 4-7 track events a year for the first three years; most were Sat/Sun and in 90+ degree weather.

You get more track time if you can be out when everyone else is experiencing cooling issues.

The track also matters. I only ran smaller tracks with no very long sweepers, and I think that was a big factor in not having fuel delivery or oil pressure issues.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote