View Single Post
Old 01-25-2017, 10:41 PM   #22
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
I think we all have different opinions on what's loud. IMO, anything louder than a stock evo is obnoxiously loud..maybe I'm just getting older.

I have a custom exhaust similar to the RSR exmag and the HKS sport - vibrant dual tip with no resonator. It isn't loud to the point where you can't have a normal conversation in the car, but it still drones on the highway at certain rpms which gets super annoying. It's also really loud at WOT.

I ordered an apexi noir because it has a resonator and the muffler is 2 inches taller than my vibrant muffler which should quiet things down.
I feel the same way, I just didn't think mine was that loud lol. I run a resonated 2.5" BRM exhaust on my KA s13 and it's really quiet. The only issue is I'm pretty low AND on 15's and this exhaust isn't tucked as well as it easily could be so it scrapes a lot. Plus, the picture of the single tip on their website showed an oval muffler with round tip similar to this HKS and the Exmag, but what I got almost looks like a fart cannon. i'm just going to get a full custom 2.5" from the turbo elbow back made soon once I boost the KA.