View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007, 02:22 PM   #213
Krinkov
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Krinkov will become famous soon enoughKrinkov will become famous soon enoughKrinkov will become famous soon enoughKrinkov will become famous soon enoughKrinkov will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by holemilk00
Just ordered a set of the vette calipers. Now I need to find someone that makes rotors that large in the right bolt pattern for our cars, redrilling a smaller set of 5 lug holes just doesn't sound safe to me, anyone got any advice for me on this? whether its "redrilling will be plenty strong enough for anything I throw at it" or "redrilling makes them weak". It would be nice to just find a set of rotors for a 240/like vehicle so the center bore wouldn't be an issue. I know with enough research I could figure this out on my own but I was just wondering if anyone had any real world experience that makes a set of rotors jump out in their mind. Once I get everything here and fab up the brackets I'll post what I come up with for whoever to use.
hey good on ya!

the best way to do it would be just have a company like Racing Brake(where I got the 2-piece rotors in the picture) make you a set with the proper hats, though a pair of those will set you back 7-800, but they do drop NINE POUNDS EACH off the weight of the stock Z06 rotor! but the first thing you will need to do when you get the rotor is see where the caliper and rotor are going to sit on the hub, the offset might be all off to run a Z06 rotor anyways, let us know when you get it going though, Im glad people are keeping up with these projects!
Krinkov is offline   Reply With Quote