View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 03:13 PM   #236
JohnC
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
JohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of light
That could be done but 2mm is the max allowed to remove and that will not be enough.
I actually removed nearly 3mm from the each of the e-brake shoes bases ends from the pivot side and from the adjustment screw side hoping to reduce total radius. I hope I am clear about what I did. I maxed out on the adjustment screw side, well because of the adjustment screw. It ended up ,yet again, almost fitting but I ended up with too much slack from the retaining springs. I got frustrated and gave up. Too much work
and even then I would need new springs and wouldn't know if the mechanism even works until I got it all bolted up.
Anyway, SPL PARTS for the rescue! New brembo rotors, conversion lines for Z32 rear and hawk pads UPSd 6K miles to Israel. Need E-brake to pass inspection.