View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 08:34 AM   #118
McCoy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
McCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_ahmed View Post
Finally I get to see your setup live, but like, 17x9+35 and u fit 275/40/17 up front? I know that the custom coilover setup, the housing is meant to add some clearance, but wow?.. no spacers?
Thanks. With an 8" spring I had to use 10mm spacers, so it was a combination of the custom housings and the location of the spring perch that allow me to run this setup without spacers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_ahmed View Post
a 18x10.5+15 with 295/30/18 would be 1mm shorter in backspace (further away from coilover) than mcoy's setup, sidewall would be 21mm shorter, tire would be 17mm shorter (wow), it would stick out 30mm further out so widebody would be required.. but speaking of the inside.. it would basically have same/better clearance...
You'll have 1mm more clearance from the wheel/strut and stick out an addition 39mm. Also with the tire having a smaller diameter than mine, you won't have as much of an issue keeping the perch above the tire.

Last edited by McCoy; 12-31-2007 at 10:07 AM.. Reason: added calculations for wider 18" wheel
McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote