View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 03:59 PM   #54
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by endlessboost View Post
Hey knoop, is there a reason you run such a wide front tire other than it being grippier? I have 17x10 +0 front and am thinking of running a 225/45 dz101. Couldn't you step down a size in the rear too so the pull wouldn't be to far out? I'm not critisizing just asking cause your shit looks dope as it is.
I ran that size because I wanted as much tire as I could fit. It was awesome drifting with 245s up front too...I wasn't runny a crazy grippy tire though. I am on 235/40s NT05s up front now which I love. They're retarded grippy compared to any other tire I've used. I've heard great things about Star Specs as well.

Either way, I'd recommend a 235/40 over a 225/45 just because it has a shorter sidewall, the tires overall height is smaller so you'll have more clearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudermagee View Post
Just the person I wanted to answer, your car is my inspiration
thanks dude
Thank you very much, and no problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooopreme View Post
Heard you can only fit 10" +18 wheels up front on the S13 with Apexi N1 coilovers along with Megans.

With that said, how much of a spacer will I need to run in order for them joints to fit stock bodied S13? And what kind of fender work will I need to make them fit?

Or should I go with a 9 or 9.5" in front. I really don't want to run staggered at all. But if a 10" +18 is not worth the effort, then what would be a better stagger 9 or 9.5"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0apgun View Post
go with 9j in front

or add a lot of camber then you can run more spacer to clear the coilover
For sure run a 9 up front. A 9 +12 with a 215 fits just about perfect on a stock body S13 up front. You could go with a 9.5 up front, but with the limited room S13s have you'll have a much easier time with fitting the 9J.

I loved the way my S14 felt when I was running 17X9s all around...so you don't have to stagger if you don't want to. A 9/10 stagger is fine, but I'd be more inclined to do a 9/9.5 stagger if you decided to run a staggered set up.

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote