View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 10:21 PM   #40
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
My Lexus SC FSM says the same thing about marking the axles to the diff, or the driveshaft to the flange, etc... but I never found it to ever make a difference.
For a lot of things I find that FSM's are best used as coasters...

LOL!

Quote:
FYI, my J30 axles did not have those. I did not see any machined provision for the larger rings so I just did not use them. Aaron, you dont have any photos of where they go, do you?
IF those CV's use those there should be a groove machined inside the cup near the edge. Like you said though I don't think that all of them use those as the boots retain the axle in position as well. Especially with the better ACTUAL CV joint for the outer joint. I don't have any pics, I've just seen that before. They're probably only used on the axles with the dual tripod CV's.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote