View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 11:51 PM   #43
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
My Lexus SC FSM says the same thing about marking the axles to the diff, or the driveshaft to the flange, etc... but I never found it to ever make a difference.
While there is no 'balance' persay, it is good SOP to keep them all in the same position and marking to prevent any NVH issues. Granted this isn't as prevalent on the axles, it does make a difference with the driveshaft itself. There are some cars/trucks that you discover a new 'vibration' after putting everything back up in the driveline. All you need to do to begin troubleshooting is remove the driveshaft, spin it 180* to the pinion flange, and reinstall. I know it sounds wonky, but it works. I'd say 90% of the one piece driveshaft 'rumble' complaints from 240 guys can be solved with just spinning the flanges and re-installing.

And yes, the boot service sucks!

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote