View Single Post
Old 04-13-2019, 09:51 PM   #22
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
Genuine question but what is the difference between this whole thing vs where we got most of our other performance parts. Pretty well know companies all hit up the same manufactures aka china all get the same work done in bulk then just brand and distribute the products.

I forgot where I read or saw but doesn't Manley and eagle share the same manufacture for rods? Its just one has better QC on what is getting released.

Tomei has always been the best of the best but for arguments sake if Tomei USA is just rebranding or choosing other manufactures wouldnt they just use the same sources as other companies? Rods be the same as manley/eagle, headgasket the same as cometic, turbo same as precision being literal garret Chinese clones but have there own billet wheels and so on? Besides really niche stuff like baffled oil pans, fpr, turbo manifold and TI exhaust literally there whole catalog you can easily find a USDM equivalant or clone.

I think we are giving way too much credit for the japan wow factor of parts when they're just as on par and smart as Americans with cutting parts, logistics and getting stuff manufactured.
OG companies from 20 years ago are modernized and far different to what they once were and monopolized in the performance market.

Until I see some major info released about difference in QC Im sure Tomei USA will put out the same sort of products what us americans are already expected to get and Tomei JP is doing the understandable thing and "cover your ass". Im all for authentic and good parts but this is the same thing as whole bride jp/ canada thing.
R3b is offline   Reply With Quote