View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 04:41 PM   #42
potatomonkey99
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
potatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to behold
Currently mid restoration on my 1992 hatch

I'm really liking this thread lol. I know too many junk 240's that could have fixed up, but ended up being hacked or scrapped.

I'll have to do a full build thread one day but here's a quick summary of my car and the stuff I've done since owning it.

This is the first picture I ever took of the car, i know its shit, but it shows its sub par condition:

Here is a roller that my friend took that shows the shitty spray painted fender and dented rocker panel etc

The first thing I did was rip out the thrashed interior and replace the carpet, dash and shit bezel. I really wish that i took pictures of how bad the interior was before, but I wanted that trash gone so quick I forgot to take pics

Unfortunately the dash wasn't perfect, had a few hairline cracks.

OK skipping a while ahead and approx. 8 months of body work in between class I started the painting process:

I didn't have the time to paint the whole car start to finish in one go, so paint has been taking quite a while, but here's a pic in primer

In the meantime I've been slowly picking away at the interior. I got a damn near perfect dash, a digital cluster, and I fabbed up some seat rails for 300zx seats. I've heard mentions of people putting 300zx seats into s13's on zilvia and nico like 10+ years ago but any links are long dead. I believe these are the only pics of this conversion out there:

This past week I finally started putting down the color. I'M using HoK KBC-11 brandywine over BC-12 zenth gold. I've only done the jambs for now but I think the color is amazing. Its crazy deep; a bright red in the sun, burgundy in the shade and almost black at night:

I tried to keep it pretty brief, but I plan on making this into a full build thread one day lol

Matte paint will never be cool
potatomonkey99 is offline   Reply With Quote