View Single Post
Old 05-19-2021, 09:01 AM   #286
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
Z33/34 diff is an R230, so yes, it should be physically stronger. Unfortunately it's up in the air whether or not the output shafts are stronger, as there's not a lot of people making enough power to actually break them.

Z33 axles are definitely stronger and Z34 even more so as they're 30 (IIRC) spline at the hub side.

Technically the strongest Nissan diff you can put in your car is a Z32 TT diff (R230) which has 32 spline outputs, and then DSS will modify them with 300M shafts. Not really sure how you'd break that this side of a Formula D car...

Got it, thank you for clearing that up. I am already at the R200 early Q45 3.54 gearing using the z32TT hubs, one z32TT axle and one q45 axle. I?ve been told to change to a z33 but wanted to see the gains. The ratio is fine for me with the LS/T56 but I?m open to ideas. Especially with Z32TT axles being scarce and pricey. I have one spare ready to go I got here recently but once that one goes I?ll be concerned haha.