View Single Post
Old 08-03-2021, 12:45 PM   #11
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
For me its the road noise. Most of us are not driving our cars in a manner where the extra 1-2mm of bushing deflection will even be noticeable or be much of a disadvantage. I'm in the process of removing all the poly and heim joints in my s14 for new rubber Nismo bushings.
between my Protege5 and my 240sx... my S13 is almost dead quiet on the road. it may have to do with the way the suspension design works, or the tires on my S13 vs Protege, but my Protege is a fucking tin box that has TONS of road noise. my S13 on decent to good pavement/black top is dead silent. you can have conversations in my cabin at normal speaking volume, and thats with full heim jointed and urethane suspension. the ONLY time there is any annoying sound is in 4th gear as it winds down. i get drone from it. got a bit louder when i went with urethane subframe bushings. however, outside of 4th gear wind down, there is very little cabin noise from the road. in 5th gear at 75-85mph, zero exhaust drone, zero driveline noise, very very little road noise (only if going over shitty pavement).

one huge thing i did notice that helped with any road noise was after i replaced my inside hatch weather stripping and the hatch bumpers. it was night and day with sound reduction!

I dunno, i think it may just be properly mixing suspension items with tires, along with good weather stripping to help reduce road noise with aftermarket bits.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote