View Single Post
Old 08-03-2021, 03:21 PM   #15
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
I looked into SPC for awhile, for the same reasons. I also looked into a lot of quality control issues they have. Some guys get a set, throw them on and never have an issue, and its the complete opposite with others experiences. Because of that, I wound up going with Driftworks, based out of the UK. I went with their poly ended arms, and even that was a decision rooted in compromise. It's not 100% of what I wanted, but it will still allow some comfort compared to a solid heim-joint setup. I have a plan in the back of my mind that if I'm not happy with how the poly is doing, I may find a nismo rubber bushing to fit their ends, and just replace them.

To keep this on topic, it sounds like you'd like to run the nismo units, but are afraid that the HICAS eliminator would not fit up because of poor tolerances, so you've picked the SPC adjustable as a just in case.

From what I've seen, it looks like GK manufactures to a high standard, and don't seem like the kind of company that would sell/ship out a product that didn't meet their specs. Personally, I'd go with the nismo units, you know they'll be in factory tolerances, and will be reliable for years. If you try to install them, and something isn't fitting, you're not left guess which aftermarket part is causing the issue, you know it will be the GK product.

I would also suggest contacting GKtech, telling them what you plan to do, and ask if you should expect any problems. You may get a copy and paste answer giving you no answer, or you may get what you're looking for.