View Single Post
Old 08-03-2021, 03:43 PM   #17
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsauto View Post
To keep this on topic, it sounds like you'd like to run the nismo units, but are afraid that the HICAS eliminator would not fit up because of poor tolerances, so you've picked the SPC adjustable as a just in case.

From what I've seen, it looks like GK manufactures to a high standard, and don't seem like the kind of company that would sell/ship out a product that didn't meet their specs. Personally, I'd go with the nismo units, you know they'll be in factory tolerances, and will be reliable for years. If you try to install them, and something isn't fitting, you're not left guess which aftermarket part is causing the issue, you know it will be the GK product.
The Nismo toe arms use the factory eccentric bolts for adjustment. The GKTech HICAS eliminator doesn't facilitate the use of the factory eccentric bolts (thus the adjustable arms).

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsauto View Post
I would also suggest contacting GKtech, telling them what you plan to do, and ask if you should expect any problems. You may get a copy and paste answer giving you no answer, or you may get what you're looking for.
He did. The problem is not the tolerances, but the lack of any adjustment with the Nismo toe arms.

*Edit: mav1178 beat me to it.

Also, looks like Hardrace makes an adjustable hard rubber rear toe arm as well: https://hardraceusa.com/products/240...ubber-2pcs-set

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
so after several posts here's the answer you want:

1) page RA-6 of the FSM tells you that yes, the factory rear toe arms have an adjustment eccentric bolt.
2) every HICAS eliminator kit out there is a simple bar with holes for a bolt and wide enough to mount it with any rear toe arm that is a factory replacement unit. So the short answer is, yes it will be fine. I don't recall people having magical sideways, unadjustable rear toe settings with other brands of HICAS delete bars.
The mounting hole on a non-HICAS subframe is elongated for adjustment. There isn't enough elongation in HICAS delete kits to use a eccentric bolt.

You can see what I'm talking about in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjCSSC8D25I
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote