View Single Post
Old 05-12-2022, 06:35 PM   #222
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
I took my red S13 Hatch apart in 2009 thinking "i'Ll Do A cOmPlEtE rEsToRaTiOn" that never happened.

Fast forward to May 2021 when I finally gave myself time to reassemble it for the sake of verifying that I actually had every single last part I needed for the build.

I was more worried that after all of these years I had sold or misplaced a lot of the important stuff.

The only real upside to having taken this long on certain builds is I am much more confident now in my abilities as well as the overall quality of work / attention to detail.
Sitting in my giant pile of parts is a kouki lip you shipped to me on a bus, probably...5 years ago?

The conversation went something like this...

Me: Hun, we need to go to the bus station
Wife: Why?
Me: I need to pick up a car part..
Wife: At the bus station?
Me: Yep.
Wife: What part?
Me: An expensive lip for a bumper I don't own yet, to a car that is in a million pieces.

She wasn't thrilled.

But at least now I have the rest of the front end to go with that lip.