View Single Post
Old 05-19-2022, 09:41 AM   #13
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
The Eurotrash love these things up here?

I removed AC a long time ago in Fl. Now that I live in Pa, there?s even more reason not to have it. It?s hot, but not Fl hot, 2-4weeks out of summer and my car is no longer a daily driver. It?s a fair weather car. It?ll see some Mexico and drag duties, far more opportunities for HPDE?s up here as well.

Seeing how these cars inflated seemingly overnight, if or someone else totals this thing, I?ll be hard pressed to find a replacement that meets my standards and budget. Thank god for agreeable value insurance and cherished value through Hagerty.

Man I?m getting old?

I wish it were just the VW's around here. Or even pieces of shit for that matter. Kid across my street, buys a nice Audi Q5, first thing he does, cuts off the quality factory exhaust, and straight pipes it. Next week, buys a chip off amazon to make it pop. Ruined the car in a matter of days.

I remark to my wife that when I was his age, I was always embarrassed every time my car would pop on downshifts, and it wasn't just me, everyone was. You wanted it to sound good, a good solid rumble without any tinny sounds. Now the "Ken Block generation", as I call them, couldn't be bothered. Youtube is a really valuable resource, and one of the only things I signed up for, but it's also kind of the worst thing ever.