View Single Post
Old 06-02-2022, 02:10 PM   #54
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
MrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to MrMigs Send a message via AIM to MrMigs
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
No wasnt tryn to be a dick was just gonna say i dont think ull get a reply from the op. Sorry
Why wouldn't he get a reply? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Though he did say he's put at least 165,000 miles on this sr20.
Yeah this is all chassis miles. As of today, I'm at 438,000 chassis miles, and I've added about 200,000 miles to the SR. The best thing I ever did was to rebuild it shortly after the swap. CP Pistons / Eagle Rods, metal head gasket blah blah blah, all the common stuff. I've just kept it super simple tho, and I'm not forcing a ton of HP out of the motor. On the last tune, it was set at 315 hp. It could go further, but honestly it gets scary enough in the mountains with this much hp. You could say I'm running a de-tuned setup for longevity right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
I love the character and personalization. Maybe I live for it.

The sr was ahead of it's time fo sho

Sr20 from ~1990 will go 500k miles at 400rwhp (~350ft*lbs of torque on 93 octane), just change the oil pump at ~200k and maybe scrub the cylinders and add new rings around 300k to bring back compression.
haven't got a doubt in my mind

I know someone who swapped their 240 back in 2001 or so, drove that car who knows how many miles, had to be 150k or so, it recently oil pump failure chewed the bearings up. I warned him that would happen. Those pumps don't last forever but everything else seems like it will.

now. whether or not this a feasible, recommendable, logical, sane idea is another story all together.
Just gotta keep an eye on things. I kinda feel like it's similar to your health... like, you'll usually see signs that you're getting sick or that you should do something before something breaks.

An accurate oil pressure gauge and water temp gauge seem really good to have. Besides that, if you drive a car frequently enough, you can hear or feel if something seems slightly odd. Then you go hunting for loose wires or this or that. At least, that's kind of how I've taken care of this car. I really want to reach the 500k mile mark. I heard there are a couple people out there who are close to it, but idk... who knows, maybe they meant kilometers hahah

If there's anything I've learned from having this car this long, it's that EVERYTHING is a wear item, not just brake pads, rotors, spark plugs, and that sort of thing. I've broken the most random things just from age and regular driving. I've snapped a rear knuckle and my chassis has torn in 3 places. I've also broken a subframe stud. But after replacing and welding what's been broken, maaaaayyyybe we can get another 400,000 miles of good times. Still the best car ever.

Drifting is just a compromise between you and your car.
MrMigs is offline   Reply With Quote