Old 08-01-2022, 12:16 PM   #21
chingon
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
chingon is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by chingon View Post
momma raised no fool.

Mostly cuz I've seen giant differences in build and fitment at the same price point for other projects.

I ordered this one, we'll see what arrives (if same as in pic):

https://eccppautoparts.com/dual-3-5-...ssan-1pcs.html

SSA still advertises it on their website but they refunded my order.

FWIW: I'm still unsure about the HKS alloy claims based on pics of used catbacks (piping looking pretty rusty).
OK, so just got this in. I got a 15$ coupon on top of the then 180$ price point. The seller has now dropped the price to 167$ shipped. SAVE15 is the coupon I tried to use but it didn't work so had to hit them by email and they issued store credit.

The bad:
-box was thin and banged up
-the cans aren't die pressed as I had expected but rather welded and ground/polished round.
-One of the gasket got bent in shipping (no biggie, but still)
-The duals seem a bit larger than I remembered but won't know until I fit it.
-Resonator had some minor fabrication pinches & the butt joint closing the can is not flat so juts out a tiny bit. Likely due to metal gauge.
-muffler inner perforated piping seems to be held by 3 or so tack welds, don't know if this is standard procedure and how well they hold over time (could eventually corrode/break/rattle over time I suppose).
-in the past, the hangers have just been chrome plated steel instead of stainless and I suspect this is no different.

The good:
-Fairly well built 7.5/10
-Thick stainless on the resonator and mufflers should prevent noisy road debris from pinging and dampen higher frequencies
-Resonator and mufflers aren't just for show (pipe welded on top of pipe), there's actually perforated piping in there & I suspect wool/fiber packing
-purchase was fairly seamless and shipping fairly quick

fitment/longevity: tbd
chingon is offline   Reply With Quote