View Single Post
Old 09-28-2022, 09:49 AM   #123
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
On a side note, the current and future state of sand casting is going to be interesting. I currently work at (for not much longer) a sand foundry. We have a 3D sand printer. We 3D sand print cores for certain things. We've poured into 3D printed molds before. Its fairly neat.

What im getting at here, possibilities of seeing more are likely, due to the fact that the up front cost of tooling for castings is expensive as well. And the days of wooden pattern makers is dwindling, due to the fact everyone wants a CNC tool (for good reasons)
i work for a manufacturer, and one of our product lines is control valves. We invested in sand 3d printing a few years ago and it DRAMATICALLY reduced the amount of finish machining required for a valve body. Total game changer. We also have invested in metal 3d printing capabilities, but for the time being its still in development. To my knowledge we do not have a product line that is 3d printed finished product.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote