View Single Post
Old 01-01-2023, 06:37 PM   #13
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
If you add even 1" of hose it creates additional friction for fluid flow. It takes energy to move fluids. There are side effects to adding hose and volume to the crankcase. It doesn't matter whether OEM or race cars, all engines require PCV for ring function. Race cars use vacuum pumps to drive crankcase pressure into a vacuum so they can prioritize performance. Anybody without a source of vacuum for crankcase pressure system isn't just pushing oil- they are ruining their engine, circulating blow-by gas, creating deposits, trashing the block in the long term. It completely ruins the engine. "side effects" is the destruction of valuable block.

Proper Race cars use vacuum pumps. That is still negative pressure, that is not OEM applications, its racing. PCV is a racing issue for ring sealing and oil control. PCV is an engine longevity and reliability issue for OEM applications. It is both racing AND OEM. I am not looking from OEM I am looking from the RIGHT perspective of how to setup an engine. THere is only 1 correct way to setup an engine crankcase- It must have negative pressure all the time or it will suffer 'side effects' as in ruined engine and oil leaking etc...

Racing vehicles use vacuum pumps. OEM uses the engine as a vacuum pump. It is a necessity for oil control. All performance engines require PCV, all OEM applications require PCV. Anybody can setup an engine without PCV and call it a performance engine and make rwhp numbers- that doesn't mean its done right. People can smoke a cigg and then run a couple miles and win races on foot- that doesn't make it right or proper or healthy. There is no correlation causation here, no chicken or egg. There is only right or wrong, idiots that don't know what damage they are doing to their engine or body, trashing the engine trashing their body.
I think you missed something. I never said to run an open catch can system. I absolutely agree with a vacuum on the crank case, which turbo suction or exhaust velocity can produce?

https://motoiq.com/crankcase-ventila...d-n-a-edition/