View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 05:54 AM   #1280
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Black Book, Blue Book don't mean jack without a market test. My appraiser said he talked to 'several' dealers(none have sold a single 240SX here in months/years) so I discounted thoe figures. A market test, however, based on my '96 model with all the parts and very clean outer condition, and high above average interior condition runs the value at $6000 - $6500.
Market test for 240SX's in the current market:

'95 base model: - $4500
'95 SE $5000 - $5500
'96 base model - $5,000+/-
'96 SE w/sport suspension, LSD - $6000 - $8500 (currently maybe six for sale nation wide)

Prices are going up, and have been for clean cars with immaculate interiors(crackless dash, no stains, pet, cigarette smoke). Add in the sport package on an SE and they are currently commanding pretty nice prices, or in other words, the car is holding value better than anything else since they only sold for $7500. The fact that only 7333 were made and imported here in '96 gives a very small sample of cars still in super condition. Me, I got a pretty good fight going because they tried to low ball me and I called them on it then forced an appraiser. The appraiser doesn;t know jack, so I had to force the market test. Next step is sue or mediate and I have a ace in the hole...my advice is coming from a consultant who specialized in claims for over 30 years...more than these asshats together
Either way it sucks balls because my car is dented to shot and I am out a lot of money waiting