View Single Post
Old 11-24-2020, 10:41 AM   #228
JBB
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
JBB is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks man, much appreciated!!

I got the 240 and M2 side by side. Its crazy how the 240 makes the M2 look like a huge car.

I had to replace my passenger side mirror because it was barely hanging on before the trip from FL to CA....it ended up breaking off completely on the shipping truck. I now officially have 6..or 7 colors on my car. Flat unpainted black rear bumper, oem black on the trunk and spoiler, oem blue emerald pearl on the car, some green color on the passenger mirror (I actually really like it, I bet it looked nice when it was fresh. It looks close to millenium jade or something), primered welded fenders and oem silver on the s15 front.

I spent a little bit of time cleaning out the engine bay and interior because it seems like the guy who had my car had the hood off and possibly the windows down, outside, with possible rain, for a very long time. There are brand new parts that are pitted and rusting (like my radiator cap, coolant overflow tank, etc.) the studs for the coilovers and the top hats of my PBM coilovers are all rusted. One of the bolt locations to my driver's side seat bracket is rusted. The more I saw, the more bummed I was getting about it. Not much I can do at this point but move forward.

Looking at the S15 front, the guy did a pretty good job at the conversion. I didn't have the time to do any adjusting but it looks like the driver's side headlight needs to be raised maybe 1/16" or 1/8" and it should be spot on. You can see in this picture how there is a "lip" of the bumper that is supposed to sit under the headlight but its stuck on the headlight. You can see the hood line at the fender is low about 1/16" also which would make everything mate up perfectly if the headlight was just that much higher. I have no idea how the headlight is attached to the core support right now so it won't be until I have a free weekend that I can get out there and mess around with it.

I won't be able to do too much for right now but I am making a list of everything I need to pick up to get the 240 running right and looking better inside. I'm planning to drop some funds here in the next week to go full bolt on for the M2 so the 240 will have to wait probably until the new year. Heck, I might even have to wait until I'm a tax season baller to get her going.
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote