View Single Post
Old 10-17-2014, 09:15 AM   #18
HORShi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
HORShi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFSil80 View Post
Yeah, the media (I refuse to call Fox/CNN/MSNBC the "news") is not helping. They have a fantastic opportunity to educate people, and instead they're scaring the shit out of everyone dumb enough to watch their programming.

Being concerned is one thing...wearing latex gloves and a dust mask everywhere you go from this day forth is excessive, if you're not in the hospital system.
I have always said, the media's purpose is NOT to inform, it's to entertain. CNN, FOX, MSNBC...they're just "formal" entertainment. They are exactly pretty much the same as TMZ, E! and Hollywood man, just "formal". Half the things that appear on the news I actually find comedic and downright stupid. I can't remember the last time I have actually watch a decent news story, with actual facts.

Even in this case with Ebola (Which it's not that hard just just to go type in "Ebola facts" in Google) they still throw out rumors and speculation. But more importantly, they'll highlight and entertain you with the incompetence of the CDC, Government, Texas (which are all true) showing videos and live reporters in the field, trying to get "the story" and still doesn't give no facts lol. It's asinine man.