View Single Post
Old 02-28-2015, 04:38 PM   #14
Dboyizmlg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Dboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth Sayer View Post
Spent more time on this issue then I'd like and spent five more minutes to create an account - just to spend a few more minutes and chime in on Five-O Motorsports and their ways of business.

I've lost to these people, and I still can't figure out why. OR have I?

A bit more about my dealings with them.

As a decent person who isn't perfect but tries to deal with people straight on - I found their site on a google search while in a kind of 'emergency' situation in which I needed a new fuel pump with my car at the mechanic, and with an 84 turbo 300zx - had few options. I needed a larger one and so they had several Walbro pumps, and when I called - was surprised they had one in stock., which was the 392 255lph.

I borrowed my mechanics car (who also turned out to be another con) to drive all the way out there from Whittier where my car was being worked on, and pick up the pump. When I got to Yorba Linda I was surprised to see the place was in the dudes garage. His girlfriend/wife or whatever showed up to answer at the door, and was friendly, as I met with Bruce, whom I had paid $150.00 to by credit card over the phone.

He said nothing to me and handed me the pump. It wasn't until later that I noticed he had a shaved head. The name of the place 'five-o' is also a bit strange. That's slang for the police back on the east coast, and I felt like maybe these guys were Nazi/KKK Satanists, and I am sure now that they are.

When I got back to the mechanic, it wasn't long before they told me they were having issues with the pump, but my fuel pump housing was old also and needed replacement. Eventually I replaced the housing, and then the pump - which tested bad after several weeks of having multiple problems, from blowing multiple sized fuses, to burning out the harness connector, and just simply not working.

One mobile mechanic dropped the tank one week to replace the housing and remarked about the faultiness of the pump. And a second mobile mechanic the following week dropped the tank again - and I saw him test it - it would only work sometimes.

(I'd like to add that the new bbk that went in works great and still, two weeks later has no issues!)

So here is where my problems started. Upon contacting Bruce, he told me they have no return policy on fuel pumps, but that I could pay another $60.00 to have the pump tested. Immediately red flags went up. That is the strangest policy I have ever heard. A part not being under warranty, after just a few weeks - then paying more to have them check it?

I refused, stating that all of this seemed odd - and so eventually he responded to me and said 'Send it back and I will look at it.'

So I did, only to find out a week later that he had sent it off and had it tested by whoever these people are that he says tests these for him and that it tested fine, and was just 'hot', whatever that means I have no idea- on the east coast - it means stolen.

Weird, I thought, not just on the lingo but the way this all worked out. My mechanic tested it in front of me, after complaints from previous mechanics - and it tested to be faulty.

So I waited for him to respond, and when I asked again - he told me he paid $60.00 and stated that he had told me their policy. So now this seems like more scammy business to keep the pump, and the evidence, and my $150.00 and who knows what else.

As a business owner myself, who in their right mind would figure all of this kind of stuff out? Not someone looking to have a legit operation that helps others by selling a good product - but someone figuring out ways for these clever catches and games, to steal time, sell a faulty item, and who knows what else. Like a big get back game over who knows what, I'd say these guys are part of some KKK political game. With what I've been through with other mechanics and people out here, part of me isn't surprised. What the hell happened to this country? How are people like this staying in business.

Five-O Motorsports imo is a terrible business with these types of policies and sneaking dealings - from the name of the business to the garage, to how they went at me. I'd never want a reputation like that, especially over $150.00.

Hope this helps anyone else who comes to them by similar means and finds this post first.
Sounds like you have some personal problems man.

By the way this isn't a review thread on the business. Lol

You should start one if it bothered you. Have a good day
Dboyizmlg is offline   Reply With Quote