View Single Post
Old 08-02-2016, 08:27 AM   #430
LuckyX2
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
LuckyX2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busta View Post
Something ive been wondering as to what to expect hood to valvecover clearance wise with the p12 one I measured almost 1 inch taller at the fwd.rh side compared to p11. Is the p12 head less tall by any chance? I dont think it is. Thing is with the hood vents I have with the hood i have my det valvecover has about nill clearance on that side
If you have clearance issues, you could always remove the washers/shims from the mount and extend the crossmember slots so it sits lower. I did that in mine anyway just for the lower CG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow4g63 View Post
It's all how you look at it really. Which can you get parts easier for? It's hell finding the valve components for the p12 head. Even tho you can swap it out for P11 stuff.
Well we now know the valve seal and spring info and the gaskets were easy to find before. I think rocker arms are the same between P11 and P12.

Its the valves I'm worried about. If I ever bend a valve, I'm going to have to figure something out because there's no aftermarket valves as far as I'm aware. So either I'd have to machine the guides up to 6mm and use P11/DET valves, get custom 5.5mm valves from Supertech or look into the possibility of using valves from another engine with 5.5mm stem valves like a B series. Slim chance of finding something the same dimensions though.