Thread: S13/S14 to 350Z
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 03:17 PM   #54
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by unwtdhero View Post
I was gonna "try" to buy a 350z, saw the insurance quote...nope! Decided to vqswap, way better for the money. I would have a build thread, but some mod got power hungry..
insurance quote, really? this is whats so important here, insurance money?

seriously, if you guys cant afford a bump up in insurance premiums then you shouldnt be modifying cars.

higher insurance premium
vs
swapping a motor from another car and making it work 100% right in an old piece of junk 240SX

hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokescreen240 View Post
yeah, with a couple tickets under my belt, 23 years old and with military discount, i'm looking at 220 a month for premium.
let me riddle you this: you're 23 now... do you know how quickly you become 33? in a blink of an eye, really. and your insurance doesnt go up, it goes DOWN. shit, i've been restoring my piece of shit for near 10 years... and you guys are worrying about premiums. im just confused here, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unwtdhero View Post
The benefits out weigh the problems of owning a z
you mean benefits like parts no longer being available? you mean benefits like antiquated suspension design? come on man, the 350z is superior in a lot of ways. theres no good reason to keep with these older cars besides nostalgia or preference for old-tech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
From my perspective, just buying a 350Z outright won't be as fast as what you're building with comparable mods, but I bet it sure as hell will be more reliable and last longer. That has certain value to me. The expense of pairing that motor with that chassis to gain a few tenths of a second more speed doesn't have much value to me since I'm not doing any timed races.
^^ agreed.

and you'll actually own a car that they still make parts for, another bonus.

in the end, i understand why we all do what we do - because we're stubborn morons who dislike having money in our bank accounts and instead, like spending money, buying parts, and creating weird cars out of all these random parts. Some do it successfully (the right way, like me) .. and some do it the wrong way (like all you other morons).

i kid.. i kid.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote