View Single Post
Old 03-24-2021, 10:56 AM   #63
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscountPirate View Post
Dude that's awesome, props for tackling all that rust. Did you just use a wire feed MIG? What recommendations do you have for type of wire to use and general power settings? What do you recommend as far as prep for getting the metal ready to weld and then grinding and filling when done? I'm getting ready to patch a panel in the trunk that is rusted out where the left side gas tank strap bolt is.
I did that once before. Cut a patch panel out of another car that was headed to the junk yard, trimmed it to fit, and then cut out the rotted area on my car. I used that scrap panel to test weld settings until I found one I liked, then tack welded the new patch panel in place, and basically stacked tacks / short beads around the perimeter (star pattern to minimize warping), then flap disc back flush, seam sealer on the exterior side. Paint on the inside.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote