View Single Post
Old 11-07-2022, 10:22 PM   #84
projectsupra
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
projectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of light
Not much of an update but I finally got around to identifying all of my connectors and wiring on my Q50 harness to try and get the VR started temporarily.

No luck getting it to turn over yet but I did get the harness powered up which was a huge win considering it was pieced together from multiple cars.

I feel like once the brake switches are on and the park switch is bypassed it might go, fingers crossed.

Also finished up the fuel pump after picking up a bit of m22759 32-14 tefzel from a friend for the Bosch 044.

Drilled out the original bulkhead wiring and installed the Radium bulkhead connectors, but I feel like I could have pieced those things together from McMaster for $10. On top of that I had to trim down the teflon shoulder washers to match the sheet metal thickness, definitely not thrilled with the quality of these for $60. Multimeter shows no continuity to ground so I guess if they hold up that's all that matters.

Threw a filter sock and barb fitting on the Bosch, opened the bottom mount up a little on the hanger, cut the tube and clamped it in. With the pump sitting on the hanger like it is the strainer sits just a hair above the bottom of the tank.

Also since I plan on using the 370Z cluster I found a newer Infiniti fuel sender than matched the correct resistance (bench tested with the cluster, works great), but unfortunately pointed the opposite direction. CAD and printed an adapter so I can still fit the whole thing in the fuel tank opening and the float still operates at the correct range, then cut the real one out of some aluminum rectangle tube.

Interestingly, the Q50 fuel temp sensor clipped right into the low fuel level sensor spot, what luck.

Now I finally get my trunk back!

projectsupra is offline   Reply With Quote