View Single Post
Old 06-01-2023, 08:40 AM   #103
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe it's because I don't spend enough time on the right parts of 'modern' social media sites, I'm honestly just confused where a lot of that stuff ends up going. Same with the super clean stock cars that get bid to the moon.

I'll grant that I don't have a social media presence myself and there are probably a lot of guys like me that are interested in restorations and preservation and unique old parts that aren't out there showing off their cars all the time. And they apparently have more money than me.

But there's this bizarre dichotomy between the 240SX community I actually see online - the kids on reddit and facebook groups with drift missiles full of knockoff and chinese parts, the zilvia crowd who just fabricates everything new rather than buying old outdated JDM parts - and the seemingly bottomless market for $1000 NISMO OLD LOGO swag and $20,000 pristine preserved cars on BAT.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote