Thread: My SR20VET...
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 08:50 PM   #93
whitey240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
whitey240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Holy hell... Are you ever going to finish this build? I have had two different V8's in my car since I sold all of this stuff to you!

Looking good as always! Can't wait to see what numbers it puts down!

The IM was the first one off the line 3 years ago when Jay made the kit. It cracked on the dyno and was reinforced by Jay with Mark reviewing the fix. It was fine for the rest of the time I drove on it and should be fine for the future.

I will be curious to see how that clutch holds up. The twin plate OS Giken I had in the car was starting to slip. I can't remember if we talked about this or not but I would really think about putting in the hydraulic release bearing(Hydraulic Release Bearing Kit RWD - Drivetrain - Mazworx). I was having issues shifting at full throttle at the track and the more I think about it, I think this might have fixed the issue.

That CAS relocation is pretty slick. Definitely better then putting a hole in the firewall. Although now it gives me a sweet spot to hide nitrous solenoids!

Good luck and keep me updated when this thing finally moves under its own power!