View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 07:12 PM   #62
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
CursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu808 View Post
O that makes more sense about the fiberglass.

But usually with the squish/quench removed it will detriment the drivibility of the engine, and the ability to modulate the engine smoothly.
Yeah, the glass seemed to be the way to go on that one
as far as squish it is ideal as I am not tuning for street drivability but pure power at top end. I am looking to run this car at 7500 plus RPM for extended periods of time. Since Races like the silver state classic are high speed races, I will need to be high in the RPM and Boost range (7500 and 1.4 - 1.8 Bar) for extended periods of time which kind of makes this mod ideal.

If this was going to be a highly modified street car I would agree with you and leave the squish area in, but this car will not be driven daily as the maintenance required for that would be extremely time consuming and kind of expensive plus the car will not be set up for that, should I decide to street it, I will just build another RB26 that is more suitable (something in the 600hp range) but 900 plus is not daily driver material on a RB26.