Thread: Tubs!!!
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 02:40 PM   #117
s14unimog
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (22)
s14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to s14unimog
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch1873857 View Post
full lock is also limited by the frame rails themselves. most tubs are merely for aesthetics. most poeple that run tubs dont even really need them. a really low offset wheel and fenders will do in a lot of cases. when someone asked why my buddy did it. he said, "because i fucking can" hes running an SSR dish wheel like eurolines and viennas but even then probably didnt need it. its an extreme amount of work if their done right. i completely welded his, he even mudded them up and made them smooth. tack welding and seem sealing .... the strut towers are key in structural rigity in the front end. why you would puss out and use seam sealer is beyond me.. dont cheap out and dont get lazy.
It's not only for turning angle. I'm working on mine for two reasons. The first is b/c the previous owner did a hack job to clear his IC piping and secondly for bump travel. If you'll notice in this picture, mine constantly hit the tops of the factory wells. I'm not even that low, I just have actual suspension travel. Ignore the wirebush marks around the seams and look at polished area at the top of the wells as they meet the tower and the leading edge at the base of the well area. That's a problem for me and I'm only running a 225/40/18 on 9.5 +18

SHIFTlock_slide to side

d3m3rs0n: if i have a baby im naming it Brandons Fault Emerson
s14unimog is offline   Reply With Quote