View Single Post
Old 11-18-2018, 04:32 PM   #665
gmr

Trader Rating: (0)
gmr is making a name for him/her selfgmr is making a name for him/her self
Thanks guys cheers.

Picked it up this weekend. First impressions:

- Serial 009 shifter is really good, very direct and engages well. It is very short. I've got a standard size shift knob and am going to get a longer one to extend the throw at my hand.
- The ratios of the CD009 box are great with 4.11 final for street driving. It's very punchy and gets up and goes. 100km/hr (about 60mph) the car sits at 2600rpm. This setup would be too short for the track where you'd be changing gears too often.
- The CD009 box is noisy. I bought a new 370Z box from Nissan and it chatters, grinds, gurgles lol. In fairness everything is solid mounted and I've got a twin plate clutch which makes as much noise. Reading 350z/370z forums they have the same issue once the dual mass flywheel is replaced. Their cars have a lot of insulation around the tunnel so I'm going to install some on my car too. In a track car it wouldn't be an issue, but it's a bit noisy for the street.
- I put new coilovers in the car at the same time, and with the ride height set I have about 80mm clearance from the ground. My car isn't low or sacked by any means. I'm going to make up a bash shield as the lip of the bellhousing could get caught.

All in all I'm very happy with the swap and would happily recommend the Mazworx and Serial009 setup.

Cheers

gmr is offline   Reply With Quote