View Single Post
Old 03-28-2021, 08:55 AM   #21
AMD 240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
AMD 240 will become famous soon enoughAMD 240 will become famous soon enoughAMD 240 will become famous soon enoughAMD 240 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to AMD 240
I work at an importer. Most of the price increase has come from the fact that the cars we are getting the engines from are either legal for import, or are about to be legal. The guys in Japan are charging a lot of money for the engines to recoup some of the money lost by not sending the whole car over. It is also getting harder and harder to find certain engines.

Shipping has gone up quite a bit on both ends. Container rent/shipping prices are around 2k higher than last year. And LTL shipping has gone up a bit as well.

There was a few week period last year where most of the major car auction places in Japan shut down. Which killed inventory and drove prices up even more.

The thing that bugs me the most is.. as a seller it sucks to try to sell an SR20det swap at the current prices, when the guys in Japan don't send the small parts. Like Maf or igniter chips. They rarely send intercoolers or intakes as well.

I still try my best to make sure that the people who buy from my shop get as high a quality engine as possible.