View Single Post
Old 10-06-2023, 08:10 PM   #66
DEGUZZI
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
DEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to all
End of an era

Let's start this update with a bang:

Got my G-Corp bumper in some single stage.

Wow, man, it's night and day difference between the real deal vs reps; the thickness is consistent throughout the whole bumper, and despite being thinner, it's stiffer from the better lay up.

For awhile I've had a growing exhaust leak, but I installed new gaskets recently and the bolts were tight. Didn't see a visible leak so I kinda shrugged it off.

But I went over one slight speed bump and the cat broke clean off, lmao.

Was able to order another CARB cat, but this one no longer had the flange design that failed. It was also almost twice as much as when I first bought one :[

Walker Exhaust Part Number: 81127 if anyone reading was looking.

Went to my usual exhaust shop to get flanges welded on and installed, but when I was invited beneath the car to take a look, I noticed dripping around the bellhousing.

When the car was moved out from above the pit, there definitely was a big leak somewhere.

I barely made it to work after a few stops to refill my radiator, but I wasn't able to avoid it overheating--I had to get it towed home again.

On one of my stops, I noticed I had a spray of water somewhere near the firewall, but nothing I could see. I had a suspicion it could be one of the heater core hoses.

Sure enough:

Looking back, I regret not changing the heater hoses when I had the intake off originally. But I didn't want to go through the hassle of sourcing the parts/waiting on shipping and it bit me in the butt.

I put everything back together Sunday morning and went for a test drive.

O V E R H E A T

I was over it, and I legit said "forget THIS" and bought a car later that day.

So here's the new daily!

It's been a month, and I had so much fun I forgot I needed to go back and fix my 240 LMAO

Sad that I'm retired the 240 from daily duty, but nothing beats the peace of mind commuting a car that won't potentially break down. Especially with the last couple months I've had.

First order of business is to get the engine rebuilt PROFESSIONALLY this time, lol. Then I can get back onto the paint grind to finally finish the front end.

-------------