View Single Post
Old 03-27-2022, 09:16 AM   #128
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by biasword View Post
ok so i read through the thread, and didn't answer any of my questions. my question was whats stopping us from creating a new forum, and relying on the backup of zilvia for historical posts. i understand that its less than ideal, but still seems more of a solution than 4 month downtimes, without the promise of a return.

everything in this thread has been about the unresponsiveness of the domain owner.

what i am suggesting is creating a new forum entirely. it seems that there are people here willing to contribute money and time to run it. also seems to be a few (myself included) IT folk here that see how easy of a solution this would otherwise be.

just a thought. i, like many here, have been on zilvia for +15 years or something crazy. the community relies too heavily on a platform as unstable as zilvia has become - and i think WE (as a community) are starting to realize that.

I mean where else am i going to be able to improperly diagnose my knocking for VCT noise?
Great concept in theory. I've got a backup of the database ready to go even. That said, there's no way I can both transfer the userbase in terms of accounts and disseminating the knowledge of the new location. Any new forum would be forced to start from scratch in those terms, and while I'm confident I could get a majority of the regulars (and 100% of my close circle), the majority of zilvia users would be deprived of this new source, and would only find it by word of mouth, hopefully.

Given how popular reddit and FB groups are, getting users to frequent a forum seems a frightful prospect.

With that said, I've had a new domain (and subsequent socials) registered for the last year or two. I've been planning for this. I'm trying my damnedest to keep Zilvia original and alive, but failing that - I've got a plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
Anyone know when Zilvia was originally published?
240sxforums?

Zilvia was originally published 08/08/2000
240sxforums 04/02/2002
I got here about a year after it was fairly active, after dragging my feet and at Grant's request. At the time, FreshAlloy was the jam and I was shitposter supreme there. I then got mistreated and found a new home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
I mean, it kinda matches the dates and all
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote