View Single Post
Old 09-07-2022, 12:32 AM   #13984
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
I was lucky enough to have a buddy at a local dealer who hit me up when a 23 GR86 Base allocation popped up and I jumped on it. I've been eyeing these since the new gen released really wondering if they were as good as everyone says.

I am not disappointed I jumped at the chance to get one, even if it wasn't completely on my terms. I didn't pay a "markup" on MSRP, but they sold me some little BS that couldn't be optioned off the car so I just ate my pride and paid the small dealer add-on tax. Other placed I had inquired with wanted 5-7k on top of MSRP plus all the normal paperwork fee shit which I refused to pay.

Quick impressions from the limited driving I wanted to do tonight:

Power: Big talking point for these, overall its not fast, but its not slow. The torque delivery is fantastic, car feels quick. Off throttle then stabbing the pedal its got a great punch that makes it feel was faster than it really is. The clutch is really light, not something I love and led to some awkward starts chirping tires as I got used to it.

Cornering/steering feel: Feels planted, even with lil tiny tires. Inputs through the steering wheel are very responsive and have great weight. Inspires a lot of confidence. Can completely understand why so many people like this car for its cornering and feel on the road.

Comfort: Quiet interior, my 21 Corolla has more road noise on the stock tires. Seats are bolstered nicely, steering column and seats have good adjustability to get it just right. Shifter throw is short and direct, no nonsense. Like I stated above, the clutch is super light. A/C is great, radio is meh, fake noise speaker isn't that bad at all, barely noticeable with music playing or the windows down. You sit way down in the car, seems like a great place to spend time and enjoy driving.

Already have some parts on the way, just figured I'd give my 2cents as affordable, fun cars continue to fade away.