View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 04:06 PM   #604
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3b View Post
My diff since I bought the car has always made me question it, plus this new 180 diff is fresh and got it basically for free. I thought about going z33 swap but it will such a hassle switching to s14 subframe unless there is an s13 rear subframe option that im unaware of.... Only going to go q45 once I have all the little parts, not a big deal finding diff but more the mismatching axle setup. Best case would be get a whole s15 diff and use conversion bushings. Get a sick lsd and have 3.7 final drive.
I'll admit having the resources and ability to put whatever diff I want where I want makes me a little biased.

I'm fighting this same battle with my BMW currently I just broke my 2nd diff in 1 year and I'm ready to just throw an 8.8 with custom axles and a LSD in there.

Which sounds expensive but when you realize the BMW LSD's are 1,000's of dollars and still don't fix the weak axle issue.

Anyways that's off topic, my 2 cents is to spend more upfront once and go with a setup you'll have the hardest time in the world breaking with the largest available aftermarket.