View Single Post
Old 05-26-2018, 10:24 PM   #620
D-Clem
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
D-Clem is making a name for him/her selfD-Clem is making a name for him/her self
Jut to follow up on some things. First to answer dudes question about the 4.08 gearing. If I remember correctly, 6th is almost exactly the same ratio as 5th in the stock SR trans. I’m pretty sure it’s damn close if not exactly the same but I don’t feel like looking so just know that it’s fine. Cruising on the highway is great, 3500rpm is nothing and about normal for cruising at that speed in a ton of vehicles.

Second, since I can’t seem to find a solid answer on what the S14 stock VSS PPM is, I saw that an LS swapped dude changed the ECU parameters to output a 8000PPM reading and it worked. So, I bought just the intellitronix box and set it up for 8000PPM output without anything else and I can confirm it does not work. The Dakota box is needed and I’ll be ordering it now and setting it up like the guy on the previous pages. I am guessing the output wave is different but don’t have a scope to check and frankly I don’t care, it just doesn’t work so I figured i would share. So if going this route, you do need the Dakota box even though the intellitronix has 4K,8K, and 16K outputs