View Single Post
Old 10-19-2015, 08:56 PM   #5770
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
hey guys. Im considering buying a budget TIG welder. It'll be my first time tig welding and I'll be learning as I go. Im pretty much set on the new Ahp alphatig 200x. I would be using it on smaller stuff such as IC and exhaust piping, repairing damaged oil pans, air ducts, welding bungs, and all the other stuff the mig can't do (mostly aluminum). But my first project, and what has pushed me to buy one, is that Im in the middle of modifying an rb25 stock intake manifold. So, the question is: Is the ahp capable of welding the stock intake manifold? According to the specs it welds up to 1/4" thick aluminum, and I know it'll be a little thicker in a few areas of the manifold. Like I said, Im using this project as an excuse to get a tig welder, so I would hate to have to take the manifold to my friend with the big tig welder anyway after I find out the machine I purchased wasn't strong enough...
this is the modification Im talking about
feito is offline   Reply With Quote