View Single Post
Old 11-22-2020, 10:20 AM   #14
Jyttah
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Jyttah is an unknown quantity at this point
Finally i received my rep-kit for my rear calipers, so i spend one evening putting them back together.

We also deleted the clutch dampener loop as it was impossible to bleed it probably.

I know there was a bit of rust in the trunk, so i sanded the paint down to see how bad it actually was, and let me tell you... Previous owner really liked fiberglass and selftapping screws! Everything was mended with these 2 things.

As i was a bit defeated with some of the stuff going on with this car, i wanted to relax a bit and get the front bumper to sit perfect.
A few hours and this is how it looks. Im pretty happy with the fitment at this point.

After i mentioned i needed some coilovers, Maxpeedingrods.co.uk reached out to me, and a week later, i had new coilovers for the car.
Cant explain how great this is. Its not the top of the line, but for the price, and my plans with the car, its perfect. Ill go into details with the set in the near future. Even my dog approves

I did a quick testfit with my Work Euroline DH wheels, and it looks great

As mentioned earlier, the engine wasnt creating oil pressure, so i ordered a new oilpump.

As i have very little experience with mechanics, i went to the workshop manual to figure out how to replace the pump. Guide was easy AF. 7 steps where its something like: "Loosen enginemount nuts", "lift engine" "remove oilpan", "remove oil pump" and job done... Whoever wrote that piece of should be fired!

Reality is more like:
unbolt engine mount nuts.
Lift engine so the gearbox hits the firewall and then some.
Drop the whole front subframe.
remove brackets that holds the gearbox to access bolts in the oilpan.
And THEN remove oilpan.

This took WAY to long, and looking back, we should just have removed the engine. Because thats the next step.

When the oilpan got out, i cleaned the inside, and i found these 3 fuckers.

Do you know where they belong? No? let me tell you... Its the oil squirters.
Previous owner got installed Wiseco pistons, and put them in the wrong way, so the skirt of the piston hits the squirters and they brake off.

Now you might ask: "But Jacob, why is there only 3 rods, but the engine has 4 cylinders?" Well... previous owner got one of the pistons in the right way...

So now i NEED to remove the engine, remove the top to turn the pistons 180 degrees around... And install new squirters.

But at least i was lucky enough that i bought an engine a year ago so my friend could make an upgraded oil pan for my other car, so i went to pick it up earlier today.
Ill just take the squirters from this engine and maybe ill rebuild it in the future, But with 2 S13 that i want to finish first, it might take many years

Jyttah is offline   Reply With Quote