View Single Post
Old 08-04-2018, 08:26 AM   #647
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaMervaj View Post
D-Clem thanks for the detailed feedback. Yeah I think I'm putting too much thought into the rear end ratio. I just don't want the car too sluggish or too finicky.. as I stated it'll be a DD, some sprinted mountain driving, and highway pulls..

Yes I saw your detailed explanation on how to get the speedo working. Would that same setup work if I went with a z33 diff? I think I'm gonna keep the 4.08 in it and buy the z33 diff ($100 bucks) and the axles to keep on the side - this way I can swap if I don't like the 4.08. I believe if I have the above I would only need the Maverick diff bushings..

It will be fine, I run a 4.08 in my vq35hr swapped s13, so has a similar rpm limit to your KA-T. The gearing is perfect imo.

You would also need to widen the rear track width to run the z33 differential and axles. Just the axles with s-chassis diff and villains/getnuts stub shafts the factory track width is enough.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote