View Single Post
Old 11-04-2006, 09:50 AM   #19
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Gavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Gavster
Thanks for all the response guys! Im glad you guys are stoked on it like I am!

Being able to weld really makes this project affordable and practical...I save tons of money making everything myself. To those who asked....I have been only welding for a year-year and a half. I just got a TIG last week too, so my turbo manifold and intake manifold will be built by yours truly too! I would highly encourage everyone to own a MIG welder....its a great tool and you can learn quick! One of my best buds has a degree in welding and metal tech, so I mostly learned my technique from him, so that helps too!

Inlandsilvia - the RB will stay stock head and stock block until i have a reason to upgrade...i think it should handle what i throw at it for now....all im going to do is pull the head, throw in a head gasket and ARP's and check everything out. It will get a beefy fuel system, custom turbo manifold and turbo setup, custom intake mani, etc. Looking to be able to make over 500whp, but while I get used to a light car with lots of power....ill prob just run 300-350whp initially so I dont kill myself

ledzeppelin240 - the tubs give more wheel clearance. On my black car, with 17x8.5's and 225's it rubbed the stock wheel well pretty bad with stock tie rod length....ive got bigger tires now and with adjustable rods, so im betting the clearance wouldve been worse, so i tubbed it for better clearance.

If nothing else, this project has been an excuse for me to get a lot of nice tools

Ill keep it updated guys....if you have any comments/suggestions/criticism, let me know i wanna hear!
Gavster is offline   Reply With Quote